Lemon rice plays an important part of South Indian meal. The tangy rice prepared with lemon juice refreshes the palate and is very easy to prepare.
Rice 1 cup
Juice of lemons 2-3
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Refined oil 2 tsp
Green Chillies, chopped 1-2
peanuts/cashew nuts to taste
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 4-5
Salt to taste
1. Cook the rice and keep aside to cool.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the peanuts/cashew nuts, mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida. When they start spluttering, remove from heat.
3. Add lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder; stir well.
4. Mix everything with the rice. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice.
5. Accompany this rice with pachadi or fried papad or chips