Vermicilli vadai is a crunchy tea time snack and its very simple to make ..Children will love it because it has their favourite ingredients like potato and vermicilli..Its total fun ..(both preparing and eating)
1 cup vermicilli
1 cup potatoes
2 or 3 green chillis
1/4 cup dry coconut powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup coriander and curry leaves(finely chopped)
1/4 cup mint leaves (as required)
salt to taste
oil for frying(preferebly refined sunflower oil)
1. Boil vermicilli and potatoes separately till they are cooked..Strain and set
aside..Mash the potatoes
2. Finely chop coriander leaves,mint leaves, curry leaves greenchillis,ginger and mix them well with mashed potatoes.
3. Add coriander,turmeric and coconut powders and salt
4. Finally add vermicilli and mix them all well (add little water if required)
5. Shape the mix into round vadas.
6. Deep fry them until they are golden brown.
7. pat out excess oil with a paper towel
Serve them hot as it is or with tomato ketchup or chutney