This is another variety of pachadi which is prepared similar to Aubergine/Brinjal/Kathirikkai Thuvaiyal , but the only difference is that you have to add the roasted brinjal to curd.
Brinjal 4 or 5
Thick curd 1 cup
Refined oil 2 tsp
Green Chillies 1 or 2 as per your taste
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
If you select a single large Brinjal follow the following steps..
1. Roast the brinjal on the stove (directly over fire) or in an oven for 8 to 9 min till the skin is ready to peel.
2. Remove the brinjal and peel the skin. Mash the flesh finely.
3 . Add salt to the curd.
4. Heat the remaining oil and sauté the mustard seeds and green chillies till they start spluttering.
5. Allow it to cool and mix the mashed brinjal and the other ingredients to the curd mixture.
If you select the normal brinjal follow the following steps..
1. Finely chop the brinjal.
2. Heat 2 or 3tsp of oil in a pan and fry the chopped brinjal till it is cooked. Add salt to it.
3. Heat the remaining oil and sauté the mustard seeds and green chillies till they start spluttering.
4. Allow it to cool and mix the cooked brinjal and the other ingredients to the curd mixture.
Garnish with green corriander leaves.
Alternatively you can also use vegetables like snake gourd, ridge gourd and tomato in the place of brinjal and follow the same procedure as discussed above.
The only change for these vegetables(snake gourd, ridge gourd) is that, instead of frying, steam cook the vegetables; strain the excess water and add to the curd.