Bread balls have mashed potato stuffing in it (which is made into a ball) and bread forms the crusty outer covering and it is deep fried in oil.Its a real good evening snack with hot coffee or tea.
For Making Of Balls:
2 OR 3 Potatoes
1 large onion
2 green chillies
1/2 cup boiled green peas
any other vegetable (optional)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves
fresh curry leaves
For Covering Of Balls:
7 or 8 slices of bread(preferably remove the brown edges)
oil for frying
1. Boil potatoes,peel and mash with hands
2. Chop onions,coriander ,curry leaves and green chillies
3. Heat oil , add mustard and cumin seeds
4. when the seeds splutter add turmeric powder ,chopped onions
green chillies and curry leaves
5. Fry till onion turns light brown
6. Add boiled peas,any other vegetable(optional),coriander leaves,
salt as required and fry for a few seconds
7. Finally add mashed potatoes and fry them all for 2 or 3 minutes in
8. Mix well and cool it ..then make small balls and keep it aside
9. Take one slice of bread, dip it in water for only a second and squeeze
out the excess water.
10. Put one potato ball in the bread and cover it nicely
11. Boil oil in a frying pan.
12. Fry the bread stuffed with potato balls until golden brown
Serve the nice and hot bread balls with ketchup or chutney.