Sprouted Dalia is also known as Bulgar wheat or broken wheat. It is prepared after sprouting wheat of superior quality and then processing it on a solar-operated grinder, thus ensuring all the vitamins and minerals are well-preserved. When cooked, broken wheat has a very hearty, warm aroma and a grainy, delightful taste. It has a very good source of dietary fiber and manganese. It is also a good source of magnesium.
Ingredients (For 4 members) :
Sprouted Dalia rava – 1/2 cup
Onion, chopped – 1
Green chilli, chopped – 1
Green peas – 1/4 cup
Carrots, diced – 1/4 cup
Refined Oil – 1 tbs
salt to taste
Chopped coriander – 2 tbs
- Wash the dalia thoroughly. Blanch it in 2 cups of hot water for 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the onion and green chilli and sauté till the onion turns translucent .
- Add the peas, carrots, dalia and salt and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve hot.
1. You can use any other vegetables of your choice.
2. You can use broken wheat instead of sprouted broken wheat.